[ao16aprs] Manchester mod

Good day everyone. This eliminates the Kantronics KPC-3 family of TNC's.
Look's like the only candidates  remaining are the TNC-2 's.

73 Jeff kb2wqm

 From: Steven R. Bible To: Jeff Griffin
Subject: Re: kpc3 mod

Jeff, I worked on this last year.  It can't be done. The 3105 modem chip
does produce the 19.2khz square wave that's needed to xor with the data.
But the problem is that they are not synchronized. Herein lies the problem
and the non-ability to mod a KPC-3 (or +) or any
 TNC that used the 3105 chip. Now, if you could devise a circuit that can
sync the two the we may be able to do it.  But it will not be a 89 cent mod.
Hope that helps.  I hate seeing you guys reinvent the wheel.  I did all this
work last year and posted it to the list.
 73,
- Steve

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org